#1 2018-04-09 04:25

yellowbaby520
Narys
Registravosi: 2017-08-22
Žinutės: 790

Cheap Austin Wagner Jersey

CAPE TOWN? Jan. 8 (Xinhua) -- South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) on Sunday celebrated its 105th anniversary? vowing to overcome challenges to its unity.

"Today? our Movement faces serious challenges to its unity. Divisive tendencies such as factionalism? gatekeeping and manipulation of internal processes exist at all levels of the ANC? the ANC Leagues? the Alliance and the Mass Democratic Movement?" the ANC said in a statement.

These tendencies inhibit its ability to give decisive leadership to society? the party said.

The party held a mass rally in Soweto? Gauteng Province to mark the event? with the participation of thousands of ANC supporters.

"The people have told us that we are too busy fighting each other and we do not pay sufficient attention to their needs. Our own research and interactions with members of the ANC demonstrate clearly that the people abhor the apparent preoccupation with personal gain?" the ANC said.

South African people's main priorities are jobs? fighting crime and corruption? and the ANC's task is therefore to grow the economy? create jobs and rigorously fight crime and corruption? the party said.

"Above all? we must commit to the unity of the ANC and the only noble fight that we must engage in is a fight to serve the people and not ourselves!" said the ANC.

Public support for the ANC has dropped considerably these years mainly due to internal fighting and a series of corruption scandals. In the local elections last year? the party lost some major metropolitans to opposition parties such as Pretoria? Johannesburg and Nelson Mandela Bay? the greatest setback for the party since it took power in 1994.

"The ANC must unite so that we are able to unite the people against our common enemies -- unemployment? poverty and inequality?" the party said.

ANC members must guard against distrust? which breeds disunity and has begun to creep into the party's broader body politic? the ANC said.

The conduct of some elected representatives in Parliament? various legislatures and other platforms illustrate that the various political parties seem to be unable to disagree without such disagreements descending into ugly and immature displays? the party said.

Leaders across the political divide must foster agreement around the need for all South Africans to unite for the sake of our country and our future? the party said.

"We can disagree as South Africans and still engage one another respectfully. The people elect us to represent them and their interests and we must perform these duties with honesty? integrity and mutual respect?" said the ANC.

SEOUL Cheap Bryan Trottier Jersey , South Korea — U.S. Ambassador Mark Lippert was attacked by a man wielding a razor and screaming that the rival Koreas should be unified, South Korean police and media said Thursday. TV images showed Lippert bleeding from his head and wrist Cheap Ron Francis Jersey , but his injuries weren't immediately clear. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.

YTN TV reported that the man screamed "South and North Korea should be reunified" during the attack. The rival Koreas have been divided for decades along the world's most heavily armed border. The U.S. stations 28,500 troops in South Korea as a deterrent against North Korea Cheap Mark Recchi Jersey , and some South Koreans see the U.S. presence as a barrier toward a unified Korea.

Mark Lippert attacked Mark Lippert attacked Mark Lippert attacked Mark Lippert attacked

YTN TV said Lippert's injuries weren't seen as life threatening. Police confirmed that Lippert was attacked and a suspect was detained and being questioned but didn't have other details, including the type of weapon and the extent of Lippert's injuries. YTN said a man only identified by his surname Cheap Joe Mullen Jersey , Kim, was detained after the attack.

Lippert Cheap Paul Martin Jersey , 42, became ambassador last year and has been mostly popular during his time in Seoul. His wife gave birth here and the couple gave their son a Korean middle name. Lippert was formerly the U.S. Assistant Secretary Defense for Asian affairs.

RIO DE JANEIRO? Aug. 13 (Xinhua) -- Mahe Drysdale from New Zealand defended his title in the men's single sculls in the rowing regatta of the 2016 Olympics Games here on Saturday.

Drysdale and Croatia's Damir Martin both finished the race in 6 minutes and 41.34 seconds. According to the photo finish? Drysdale had a slight advantage to become the Olympic champion. Ondrej Synek from the Czech Republic took bronze in 6:44.10.

Drysdale won his third medal in this event and second successive gold. He then joined Soviet Union's Vyatcheslav Ivanov? Finland's Pertti Karpinnen? Germany's Thomas Lange? Norway's Olaf Tufte as one of the scullers who have become an Olympic champion in the men's single sculls more than once.

Drysdale said in the post-match press conference: "With 400 (meters) to go I was feeling quite comfortable and sitting out in front. I realized Damir was a big threat in closing the gap. I've obviously had a lot of practice and lost to Ondrej in the last few years with those finishes."

Drysdale was not sure if he will retire.

"I'm 37 now and I'll be 41 in Tokyo. I'll make that decision in the next three to four months. I'm not writing anything off. I'm probably 5050 at the moment?" he said.

Martin became the fifth Croat rower to win multiple medals in rowing. He claimed silver in men's quadruple sculls in 2012.

"It's one of the perfect ones? where I did 100 per cent? even more. The last 100 meters was incredible? the shouts from the spectators were crazy?" said Martin.

The bronze was Synek's third successive medal in this event after silver in 2008 and 2012. He said: "What a race. Not so comfortable? today it wasn't my day? but I'm really happy with the third place? because it is the 12th medal in my .

Neprisijungęs

Forumo apačia