#1 2017-06-03 06:04

Sanders
Narys
Registravosi: 2017-04-12
Žinutės: 15

Birkenstock Kairo

NEW YORK — “Growing up” in the footwear industry is no exaggeration for Gary Weiner, president of Richmond,Va.-based Saxon Shoes.“My parents started this business in 1953, and I was born in 1957. I think Birkenstock Clearance  I was sometimes in a crib in the stockroom,” he quipped. “At age 13, I was running stock and then went on to selling shoes, then buying shoes, then managing people, then managing the store.”Fifty-six years Birkenstock  after its opening, the business is still under the family’s watchful eye. Weiner’s three children, Evan, Amanda and Cody, are all involved in store operations, from technology to shoe sales to philanthropic planning, and his wife, Cheap Birkenstocks  Beth, works in vendor relations for both of the company’s stores.Recently, the entire family has been focused on opening Saxon’s second location, a 19,000-sq.-ft. unit that bowed in Fredericksburg, Va., in late July.“Saxon is a great Birkenstock Sandals  example of an independent that is doing well,” said Scott Sessa, president of Minnetonka Moccasin. “Gary is a great merchant and understands his customer. I have no doubt that the company will succeed [in Fredericksburg].”For his Fitflops Clearance  part, Weiner stressed that his expectations for the business are realistic in these challenging times.
Nearly a year after naming Ken Pucker Birkenstock Sale  as interim global CEO, MBT has made a permanent hire for the top spot. The Swiss footwear company this week named Jan Stig Andersen, an ex-Ecco CEO, as its new chief executive. He will officially join the company next month, when Pucker departs.Andersen, who will be based in Zurich, comes to MBT from the European textile fashion company BTX Group Fitflop Sandals  A/S, where he has served as CEO since 2005. Prior to that, Andersen was the CEO of Ecco North America and held various positions at that footwear firm for 15 years.Reached by phone in Denmark, Andersen Mbt Shoes  told FN that he believes MBT’s “potential is enormous.” However, he plans to grow strategically by partnering with “strong key independents, chains and department stores in the American market,” he said. “I believe that if you Birkenstock Shoes  get the quality right, then the volume will come, but it needs to be controlled and in the right channels.” Anderson is the second major hire — and second ex-Ecco exec — to join MBT in Mbt Sandals  recent months; the company brought on Paul Grimble as its North American managing director in July.
Still others are jumping back into business with the German-owned brand. Just last month, Madison Los Angeles received the iconic Mbts  Arizona two-banded style for women. “It’s what’s going on in fashion right now,” said owner Mark Goldstein. “[It’s about] going back to the original. Everyone will buy it as it gets out in the fashion world. Fitflops  It’s comfortable and affordable.” Goldstein will add men’s styles for spring ’14. And while he predicts Birkenstock will initially resonate with younger consumers, he said fans who wore the brand decades ago will return to it.The Fitflop Sale  retro label also has brought new retailers into the franchise. San Francisco-based Heidi Says, which includes a shoe store and two clothing boutiques, began offering the looks this summer. “The shoes caused quite a stir,” said Birkenstock Outlet  buyer Katie Conway. “They sat next to [Giuseppe] Zanotti and other high-end designers. Either customers loved them or were shocked by them.”In fact, noted Conway, she even offered the sandals in the chain’s casual clothing stores. Mbt Shoes Outlet  “It’s rare we put shoes in the clothing stores, but Birkenstock worked perfectly with brands including Vince and Joie,” she said.Indeed, ready-to-wear designers were among the first to put their seals of approval on the sandals. Fitflops On Sale  Designer Katharine Polk, who collaborated with Birkenstock on a series of runway styles for her spring ’14 Houghton line, said she was inspired to use the iconic looks after a vacation to hippie haven Woodstock, N.Y. http://www.mbtshoesoutletinc.com  “I was wearing my own Birkenstocks on the trip, and it all came together,” she said. “I thought it was the perfect complement. The Houghton girl is always in flats.” The fashion label also worked with Fitflops Sandals For Women  Birkenstock for a series of customized styles, which Birkenstock detailed with embroidered fabrics from Polk’s collection.

Related TAGS:
Fitflops Discount
Birkenstock Women
Fitflop Sandals Clearance
Mbt Discount
Fitflop Outlet
Black Birkenstocks

Neprisijungęs

Forumo apačia