#1 2018-12-07 08:09

linhui95
Narys
Registravosi: 2018-04-17
Žinutės: 216

Week 2 NFL power rankings

The 2018 NFL season is officially one week old. The Monday Night Football doubleheader brought an unexpected New York Jets blowout of the Detroit Lions Authentic K'Waun Williams Jersey , and then a blowout Los Angeles Rams win over the Oakland Raiders. I would argue both games were entertaining, just in very different ways.The wrap of Week 1 means it is time to bring back our NFL power rankings. I have ranked out all 32 teams, although after only one week, there is still more questions than answers. With that in mind, I decided to go with a slightly more objective measurement for this first ranking. I ranked the teams based on point differential. With only one week under our belt, that means the 1-0 teams are the top 15 teams, the 0-1 teams are the bottom 15 teams, and the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers are right in the middle!I’ll move to a more subjective basis for these rankings in the coming weeks, but I wanted to use this measurement just to see how crazy this first week was. I realize the blowouts came against bad teams, but even still, it’s worth a look.The San Francisco 49ers show up at No. 25 thanks to their eight point loss to the Minnesota Vikings. It could have been a lot worse, but we saw the 49ers show some life in the second half. They had a legit shot to win the game, but too many mistakes cost them.The Baltimore Ravens lead the way courtesy of a 47-3 thumping of the Buffalo Bills. I would have had the Bills at the bottom of my power rankings even in the subjective format because they look to be the team ready to lead the race to the top pick.The Los Angeles Rams are the closest to a most realistic ranking, sitting third after a second half beatdown of the Oakland Raiders. It looked like the Raiders might spring the upset, but the Rams defense clamped down and the offense caught fire en route to 20 unanswered points in the second half.The Detroit Lions are second from the bottom after Monday’s ugly loss to the New York Jets. The Lions are probably not a bad as they looked, nor the Jets as good as they looked. And yet, the Lions are in rough shape heading into Santa Clara later this week. I’m fascinated to see what the 49ers defensive line can do against the Lions struggling offensive line Authentic Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey , and what Jimmy Garoppolo can do against that defense.If I were thinking of this subjectively, I would probably have the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles at the top of the rankings, along with the Los Angeles Rams. Washington is intriguing to me. The switch from Kirk Cousins to Alex Smith is the big question mark for them. Some might view it as an upgrade in consistency, and they looked good in their opener. They host the Indianapolis Colts in a game they should win, and then host the Green Bay Packers in what will be their first big test of the regular season.Week 1 power rankingsRankTeamLWRankTeamLW Terrell Owens came back to his roots to get his Hall of Fame ring.Owens was presented with the ring during a halftime ceremony during Thursday night's game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders.Owens spent the first eight seasons with the 49ers, establishing himself as one of the best players in the game during his tenure in San Francisco."This is awesome," Owens said before the game, while wearing his gold Hall of Fame jacket. "This is an opportunity to give something to the fans. Ever since I left in 2003 and went on and did some great things, but this is where it started my first eight years of my career."Owens was voted into the Hall of Fame earlier this year but skipped the induction ceremony in Canton, Ohio, to hold his own celebration at his college in Chattanooga, Tennessee.Owens said he was upset at the voters who made him wait three years for the honor, saying he believed they brought in off-field issues into their deliberations instead of focusing solely on what Owens did as a player."No regrets at all," Owens said about his decision to skip the ceremony. "If anybody knows who Terrell Owens is outside the media portrayal of me throughout the course of my career. They know what I did. I stand by what I did. ... When they tried to bring other things outside my body of work and my accomplishments, that was an issue for me. My stats spoke loudly. They spoke for themselves."Owens had a mostly sensational 15-year career playing for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas Authentic Kyle Juszczyk Jersey , Buffalo and Cincinnati. He played eight years with the 49ers before bouncing around the league as he frequently wore out his welcome at all of his stops along the way.But he always produced, ranking second all-time to Jerry Rice in yards receiving (15,934) and third to Rice and Randy Moss with 153 touchdown catches. He was a five-time All-Pro, a six-time Pro Bowl pick and one of the most entertaining players of his generation."I can't look back and say I would have done anything differently," he said. "I wanted to be a 49er for the rest of my career if that could happen, But not many people start and finish where they started. Look at Jerry (Rice), look at Joe Montana."Owens was part of eight playoff teams but only reached the Super Bowl once after joining the Eagles in 2004. He gave a heroic performance in Philadelphia's 24-21 loss to New England, catching nine passes for 122 yards after defying doctor's orders and returning to play on his surgically repaired ankle 6? weeks after an operation.Owens had many memorable moments in his career, but the one that stands out most for him from his time with the 49ers came in a playoff game Jan. 3, 1999, against Green Bay.After dropping several passes early in the game, Owens caught the game-winning 25-yard touchdown in the final seconds in a play dubbed "The Catch 2," as the sequel to Dwight Clark's game-winner in the 1981 NFC title game against Dallas.Owens then was selected an All-Pro for the first time the following season."That was a big catalyst for my career," he said. "For me to come up with a big play at that particular time was monumental, very key for the development of me. It helped my confidence."

Neprisijungęs

Forumo apačia